Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stay Hungry and Stay Foolish

Dont suppose that the last part of the above statement is applicable to my decision right now. My decision - I am going home. Yes, today and for good, atleast for now. 
Generally the going away experience isnt so good. But today was not. A few people who are worthy of mention on my blog:
Cherian: in his loud style and "I dont care a damn' attitude, he threw a 5G party for the whole sales team. Cant ask for more. and that too when I had beer in the day and so much food, that cant describe right now. 
Nandan: Ok, both of us are straight and its nothing but male bonding. Inspite of what all Cherian says, Nandan is a good fella who likes his mug of beer. Hope Nandan remains the same inspite of all atrocities in this lungi ruled corporate
Gurpreet: with a smile and cute eyes, Gurpreet smirked that I am not saying good bye to the pre-sales team. Would not ever imagine of not saying goodbye to these people, afterall some of them will be persisting in this system for one Darwanian atribute - survival. But for Gurpreet, an attitude that can take her place if she wishes to, I say goodbye for now. 
SRK: ok, its not about that 6 pack, suspicioned to be gay. Its the trio - Shilpa, Raj and Kapil who contributed their name initials to be written in that order. And thanks a lot to these guys for the beautiful cake they got with a motivational quote: Ab dilli door nahi. Amen!!
Thankfully, they got me a gift. A set of two books: Stay hungry and Stay Foolish by Rashmi Bansal and the ManBooker prize winning The White Tiger by Aditya Adiga. Could not resist reading the first chapter of the book, but whats interesting is the note Kapil left:

Oye Sumit, 
We know you are hungry (for food, customers, ...) We think you are foolish (glass'full'ish Patiala ishtyle) We believe you will make it to the 'SUMmIT'. And on the cover of a book like this! :-) 
DREAM ... ACHIEVE.... INSPIRE
S Shilpa
R Raj
K Kapil 
23rd Oct 2008

Thanks guys, never been gifted before so dont know this feeling but I think it feels good. Was kindfa embarrased in the evening at the gates of office with half of my body on LBS Marg, so cut short your toasts in my praise. :-)

But guys, wish you something:
Shilpa: Dont know what you wish for in life. But wish you get all you ever wish for !!! 
Raj: Mission UK, do what they did to us 200 years ago. Go to their home and amass wealth, and have a happy life with Shirin and Aanya. Atleast keep us posted. 
Kapil: The dreamy eyed boy, its time you get to know about mascaras. So, want to see you get married before the reindeers come calling this winter. 

All the guys I did not mention - You do deserve mention but I am kindfa out of fuel at 4 in the morning so logging off now till next time. 



2 comments:

'S' said...

ummm.....I see special mention and a paragraph dedicated to Ms G....at 4 in the morning...this is intersting...;-) I had not seen this comming!
What is missing is....goodbye to Ms A! :-D or was that too private to put up!

K said...

Now that I know the mascara definition, I think I dont want to know more!!
Lets see what Santa (Claus wala, Banta wala nahin) has in mind for me! ;-)