Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pimp my ride....

...or atleast advise me on what to buy. I am (or was) looking for a car to own. A new one. So how do I start, with the wallet on the table. I was looking for what is available in the price band and then identify what is the best car for the price range in consideration. So, here it goes. 

Band of Rs. 3 - 4 Lakh. 
- Santro Hyundai (Petrol/CNG)
- Maruti Wagon R
- Chevrolet Spark
- Maruti A Star
- Tata Indigo CS (Diesel)

We have a Santro already and dislike Wagon R. I took a test ride of A star, it rides fine except that the car is crampy. Spark did not spark any excitement (trying my witty side). 
Tata Indigo CS gives the cheapest option of a sedan (I like sedans) but the drive is pathetic. It drives as if the hand brake is pulled midway. 

Band of Rs. 4-5 Lakh
- Maruti Swift Petrol
- Hyundai i10
- Tata Indica Vista

Everyone's been telling me that if buying swift, then only diesel makes sense. It takes 6 (SIX) MONTHS for Maruti to deliver this. That too during the economic slowdown. i10 doesnt look any better than Santro. Indica Vista has got some decent reviews from Kash. Waiting for a test drive of Kash's Vista.

Band of Rs. 5-6 Lakh
- Maruti Swift Dzire

The stretch is only for accomodating Dzire. I really like the car. 

Band of Rs. 6 - 7 Lakh
- Fiat Linea

This is courtesy the pseudo bengali from my B school. The limit has been extended to fit Linea into consideration.

As of today, me not buying anything. And yeah, after all this consultation Percy is buying A star.

No comments: