Sunday, May 24, 2009

Credit limit aka status???

On a Sunday afternoon, I got a call from Gurgaon which surprised me. It could only mean that Percy was in office, what for? But alas, it was a practiced voice validating my details before they can execute a option. How cheeky!! the guy on the phone was selling a crediit card. 
Why cant they just say I am selling a credit card, it will deliver value to you?
Instead the guy went about how good is StanC for giving me an option to enjoy my life on credit. 

I needed a card and so I went about asking usuals 
- Is it free?
- What do I need to provide to get it?
- What is the limit? 

and I had the longest conversations with a stranger for extending my limit as I thought I deserved much more than the guy was offering. But why?
I don't use card that often and the limit he was offering was many times my monthly bill. Now that the weather is cooler and I have nothing else to do than writing a blog, I am thinking why did I insist on a higher limit. 
I think its got something to do with my own perception about my self worth. or maybe its just something I need higher that my peers !!!! (aka mine is bigger than yours)
Whatever the case, I am going to be cautious with this time wasting habit of arguing that leads to no useful result. And yeah, I will diligently take out printouts for that guy tomorrow. and maybe i will get my Manhattan card soon. 

1 comment:

My Voice said...

Avoid killing sundays by arguing wd poor tele sales execs else tere blog ka jo ik lauta reader hai woh bhi bhag jayega:P:D

Cheerio!